Monday, March 23, 2009

Certification Exams

*Are certification exams a good thing?*

There are two types of certification exams you must pass in order to intern in the business education field. The IC3 and Microsoft Office exams. IC3 stands for Internet and Computing Core Certification. There are three parts to the exam: computing fundamentals, key applications, and living online. This exam tests the basic knowledge of computer functions and all that is associated with technology. The Microsoft Office exams include Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint. Each of these tests infers upon your knowledge of each program.
When I began taking the exams, I felt that it was a waste of my time. However, now that I am almost ready for internship, I am so glad I have all of those under my belt. I feel like I really learned from them and they made me more prepared for the information I will have to teach. There is a downfall to the tests. Each test is about $80 dollars to take. However, you do get one free re-take if you do not pass the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment