Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Praxis

I just recently took the business education praxis exam. I was very nervous going in to take it. I bought the study book and read through every page of it and complete the practice exam at the end like a million times! I also went to the website and used their study questions. However, going in on the day of the test, I did not feel very prepared. I felt like I had not studied enough and that I was going to fail.
When I began the test, I felt much better about the questions. Some of them were even the exact same ones from the study guides I had completed! It was like any normal exam. There were questions I knew right off the bat, questions that I could narrow down to two answers, and some I just had to guess at. I passed.
However, my main point of this blog is that just because I passed the exam, does that mean I am certified in all six areas that are covered in the test? I could have gotten all of the computer application questions right, but not one single accounting question right and still passed. So, that makes me certified to teach accounting and computer classes? I just feel that there has to be a better way to test the knowledge of each subject area and show that we really are ready for every subject-not just a combination. Don't get me wrong--I am very happy I passed! It just does not make sense to me that I can get all of one set of questions right and another wrong, yet I am still qualified to teach all of the areas??

No comments:

Post a Comment