Monday, March 9, 2009

New or Old?

*Is the new Course of Study preferred over the old Course of Study?*

First and foremost, I think the Course of Study for Business and Marketing Education is great. During my methods class last fall, I worked with the new Course of Study that will be used in the schools starting in the fall of 2009. We also took a look at the old COS in order to make a fair comparison. I personally loved the new COS. They have changed some of the classes around to make them more efficient and are offering some new courses for students. The State Department has also narrowed each course down to only have 20 objectives. The list of objectives is now compressed, but it covers the same amount of material.
Although I think the new COS is better, there are some things I have not learned enough about and I may not feel comfortable teaching those areas. I wish that students majoring in Business and Marketing Education would be taught somewhat by the COS. I feel that if it is in the COS, we should have at least one class about it. Overall, I like the new COS better than the old COS.

No comments:

Post a Comment